Templates for Microsoft Word let you create documents quickly. Use Word templates to also ensure a consistent design throughout.
Some documents, such as resumes, are appropriate in black and white. However, there are some documents that require a more decorative approach. You can change the look and feel of your document using a theme.
To choose a theme:
- Choose FormatTheme.
- The Theme dialog box appears.
- In the Choose a Theme list, click the theme you want to use.
- Word gives you a preview of how each theme can change the appearance of your document.
- Choose or clear one or more of the check boxes in the lower-left corner:
- Vivid Colors: Adds or removes additional colors to text
- Active Graphics: Adds or removes additional graphics to make bullets and horizontal lines look more lively
- Background Image: Adds or removes the background image
Themes don't provide AutoText entries, custom toolbars, menu settings, or shortcut keys.