Working with Columns
Using columns in Word can improve readability. When using Word columns can break up text and make Word documents easier to read.
Working with columns
To work with columns:
- Switch to Print Layout view.
- Select the text you want to change to columns.
- To make equal columns, move the insertion point to the end of the text and insert a continuous section break by choosing InsertBreakContinuous.
To enter a title that spans columns:
- Enter the title at the beginning of the first column.
- Select the title.
- Click the Columns button on the Standard toolbar, and drag to select number of columns.