Learn all about inserting comments in Word in this free lesson.
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Insert comments into a Word document
Microsoft Word provides several tools for document collaboration. One of these features allows you to insert comments into a document and provide suggestions to the document's author without changing the original text.
To insert a comment:
- Position your cursor next to the word where you would like to insert a comment.
- Select InsertComment from the main menu. The Reviewing toolbar will appear at the top of the page, and a comment balloon will appear in the margin.
- Type your comment in the balloon.
- Click outside the balloon.
- Open any Word document on your computer.
- Insert at least three comments.
- Save and close the document.