Text boxes in Word are used to draw attention to specific text. Use a Word text box to add definition and make it stand out.
- Open your document.
- Insert a text box or text boxes with the information you want to display on your flyer or newsletter.
- Make decisions about your text box.
- Do you want the line to be visible?
- If so, what color do you want the line?
- What type of line style do you want?
- Try to create text boxes that look similar to the ones displayed below, as well as creating your own.
- Practice using different font styles and sizes within the text boxes you create.
- Save and close the document.
If you are unsure what you would like for your flyer or newsletter, try several options. Remember, you can always click the Undo
feature if you change your mind.