Inserting Clip Art
Adding pictures in Word documents can illustrate important information. In Word ClipArt is one way to make this possible.
Working with clip art
Watch the video! (2:52 min)
Download the example to work along with the video.
To locate clip art:
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Clip Art command in the Illustrations group.
- The clip art options appear in the task pane on the right.
- Enter keywords in the Search for: field that are related to the image you want to insert.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the Search in: field.
- Select Everywhere to ensure Word searches your computer and its online resources for an image that meets your criteria.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Results should be: field.
- Deselect any types of images you do not want to see.
To insert clip art:
- Review the results from a clip art search.
- Place your insertion point in the document where you want to insert clip art.
- Left-click an image in the task pane. It will appear in the document.
- Left-click the arrow next to an image in the task pane.
- Select Insert, Copy, or any of the other options on the list.