Getting Started with Word
Get Microsoft Office help using the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, and Backstage view to produce documents in MS Word 2016.
- Open Word 2016, and create a blank document.
- Change the Ribbon Display Options to Show Tabs.
- Using Customize Quick Access Toolbar, add New, Quick Print, and Spelling & Grammar.
- In the Tell me bar, type Shape and press Enter.
- Choose a shape from the menu, and double-click somewhere on your document.
- Show the Ruler if it is not already visible.
- Zoom the document to 120%.
- Change the Document view to Web Layout.
- When you're finished, your document should look something like this:
Change the Ribbon Display Options back to Show Tabs and Commands, and change the Document View back to Print Layout.