Headers and Footers
In Word headers can keep pages organized. In Word footers can do the same. Consider adding a header and footer to your Word documents.
- Open our practice document. If you've already downloaded our practice document in order to follow along with the lesson, be sure to download a fresh copy by clicking the link in this step.
- Open the header.
- Choose Align Right on the Home tab and type your name.
- Below your name, use the Date & Time command on the Design tab and insert the date. You can use whichever format you like.
- In the footer section, insert the preset footer Grid.
- Close the header and footer.
- When you're finished, your page should look something like this: