In MS Word bulleted lists can help arrange Word documents so they are clearer. In Word numbered lists can do the same thing.
To create a numbered list:
When you need to organize text into a numbered list, Word offers several numbering options. You can format your list with numbers, letters, or Roman numerals.
- Select the text you want to format as a list.
- On the Home tab, click the drop-down arrow next to the Numbering command. A menu of numbering styles will appear.
- Move the mouse over the various numbering styles. A live preview of the numbering style will appear in the document. Select the numbering style you want to use.
- The text will format as a numbered list.
To restart a numbered list:
If you want to restart the numbering of a list, Word has a Restart at 1 option. It can be applied to numeric and alphabetical lists.
- Right-click the list item you want to restart the numbering for, then select Restart at 1 from the menu that appears.
- The list numbering will restart.
You can also set a list to continue numbering from the previous list. To do this, right-click and select Continue Numbering.