Use these workplace safety tips and you'll be on your way toward improving safety in the workplace.
Health and safety at your desk
- It should accommodate your size.
- The seat should have cushioning and rounded edges.
- Armrests should support both forearms but shouldn't interfere with movement.
- It should be directly in front of you so you don't have to twist your head or neck.
- It should be at or directly below eye level.
- You should be able to read what's displayed on the monitor without twisting or stretching.
- No glare should be present, which can cause you to assume an awkward position.
Keyboard and input device (mouse or trackball)
- The input device should be located next to the keyboard so no reaching is necessary.
- Wrists and hands should not rest on a sharp edge.